Home to some of the world's most beautiful scenery and renowned for its culture of creativity and free-spiritedness; there are so many reasons to love Stevie May's birthplace.
We chat to local Muse, Gabriella Smith, about her love for the Byron region and how it has influenced her.
1. How long have you called Byron home for?
I moved to Byron from LA 3 years ago after longing for nature, fresh air and a slower pace of life. Byron really has the best parts about a small holiday town, whilst still being a little hub for creativity.
2. As a local, what are your favourite places for:
a) An afternoon cocktail?
I love an afternoon Aperol at Rae's with my girls!
b) Dinner with friends?
The Mez Club!
c) Dinner with a love?
Di Vino - the yummiest Italian!
d) A beach walk?
Sunset walks at South Golden Beach are my favourite.
e) To relax?
A hot stone massage at Comma!
Image via Instagram @raesonwategos
3. Do you feel as if Byron's culture has influenced your own creativity in any way?
Byron's culture has for sure influenced my creativity by spending so much time around nature and being surrounded by so many other like-minded people. When I'm driving home through the Hinterland, I am forever pulling my car over to take pictures, it never gets old.
4. We are in awe of the floral styling on your feed and your precious rabbit, Popcorn. How important is a connection with nature in your everyday life?
It has always been important for me to start my day at sunrise and go for an early morning walk, often collection flowers (to bring home for Popcorn). I find this essential to get my inspiration and connection with nature to carry with me throughout the day.
Image via Instagram @gabriellasmith__
5. Are there any hidden gems you'd recommend to the readers?
I love to swim and sun-bake on the rocks at Whian Whian waterfall.